Admit it! You just want to know what exercises work best to burn body fat! Not hearing “You can do it!” or any of this other motivational fluff from these so-called fitness gurus.
I feel you on that. I wanted to know the same thing when I first started taking fitness seriously 10 years ago. With that said, let’s look at 4 bodyweight exercises that from my experience are very conducive to burning fat. So here are the best fat burning bodyweight exercises!
Need one exercise that will work your full body so your spouse doesn’t have any fat to pinch on you?
Well, burpees may be for you! Burpees (in which are also called squat thrust) are so effective that you can perform them without doing any other exercise; especially, during those times when you will be extremely busy.
How to do burpees:
While standing, crouch down to a low squat position
• While placing hands on the floor, kick feet back to a starting push-up position
• Lower your body to perform a push-up and quickly bring your knees to your chest
• Propel yourself as high as possible
No, you won’t be climbing up a mountain but it will feel like you have when you do this exercise right! Mountain climbers are a great tool to use for fat-burning purposes.
It may not be as tough as climbing a mountain, but it will make your physique so appealing that the opposite sex wants to climb you.
How to do mountain climbers:
•Shoulder width apart, place your hands on floor (in a push-up position)
• Keeping the push-up position, put one leg forward underneath torso while keeping the other leg straight
• Alternate legs back and forth in a rapid while maintaining stability in upper body (as if you are running in place)
• Keep doing the movement for allotted interval time
If you haven’t jumped since that Kriss Kross song, then it is time to get reacquainted with this movement. Besides being a great movement to use as a party anthem, jump squats are also perfect for burning fat.
How to do jump squats:
• While standing, slightly bend your hips and knees while keeping your back arched throughout the movement
• While in the lower squat position, jump as high as you can
• Land in the same position you started in; repeat movement for set amount of reps
Note: To make this exercise more challenging, perform it while holding light dumbbells
Side hops (also called lateral hops)
Besides being a perfect exercise to use in order to dodge your spouse during that time of the month, it is great for burning fat.
It practically targets every muscle below your waist; thus, it will burn a lot of calories while building muscular legs. So you and your buddies decide to play dodge ball soon, make sure you start working on this movement.
How to do side hops:
• Starting in an athletic stance with feet shoulder-width apart
• Hop to the right, then immediately hop to the left (Imagine hoping over a straight line)
• Repeat hopping to both sides until allotted time has elapsed
Incorporate these 4 fat-burning exercises into your workout routine and I guarantee you will be lean. So enough reading…it is time to go to work!